Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Beginning

My photography interest started fairly a few years ago. When I was in grade 8, I found my dad's Canon camera lying around in his room. Curiosity kills the cat people say. Luckily, it didn't kill me that day. but instead sparked a new hobby.



This picture was from the War Museum in Ottawa. We went to Ottawa for our grade 8 graduation trip, we also went to wonderland. But that was before I got into taking pictures. The picture's kind of funny looking eh? Throughout this year was just the beginning of a long journey through photography for me. These pictures weren't considered 'professional', they were just 'fun' and 'in-the-moment'. Like, this car, it looks something like Mator from Cars right? 


For someone who likes to take pictures, I'm not fond of being in them. For the pictures that have me in them, I like to take them myself. This picture was totally intentional because I was tired, and they just put a rubik's cube on me. That reminds me. The Rubik's cube trend was lost a couple of years ago. My whole grade 7/8 class started playing the Rubik's cube as I started to teach a few. It was fun, a truly memorable year. 
Many say, A picture is worth a thousand words. I agree to this, a picture can bring back many memories, good or bad, which resembles a thousand words. 

Since 2012, I've taken many pictures, with my phone, a Sony digital camera, and a Canon DSLR. When the picture is captured and edited on a computer, there can be many effects made. Like the one in this picture, I chose a white background to contrast the black camera. I also added a black and white effect, to emphasis the blackness of the camera. This camera is actually a film camera, that my dad still keeps. Sadly, film is really expensive nowadays, so I didn't get to try it out. But being able to hold it and admire the little things on it, is really interesting.




"A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away." - Eudora Welty.
Don't let a perfect moment escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment